Monday, November 17, 2014

More cheese and waffles please

After the processed cheese debacle, I still wanted to try another cheesy delight. I thought cheese quesadillas because they are basically like grilled cheese except for using a tortilla of course. I wondered if the flour tortilla would be too fragile though.
                  To the kitchen.
I used a shredded cheese blend of cheddar and Jack. I folded the tortilla in half like I would if I had cooked it in a pan on the stove top. After the waffle iron was heated, I placed the filled tortilla between the irons and closed the lid. I didn't experience any of the familiar crackling and popping I'm used to hearing. I also didn't see any steam escaping from the sides.
After about  30 seconds, I checked on the treat. It wasn't crispy and the cheese had only started to melt. Maybe I didn't let the iron get as warm as it needed? I noticed that the waffle iron impressions had not torn the tortilla at all, so I closed the lid and let the quesadilla cook some more. After about a minute and a half longer, I had a cheese filled tortilla that was just turning brown. I set it on a plate, topped it with sour cream and garlic salt. I think it would have been good plain too to or even sprinkled with taco seasoning.
Either way, ole!
A great, quick snack. 4 out of 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment